Friday, December 12, 2014

Top 5 Tuesday | Drugstore Bronzers



Today I thought I'd share some of my favourite bronzers from Boots and High Street stores. I find myself using bronzer more than ever at this time of year. They have so many uses, and are particularly good in the summer for complimenting a tan, as well as handy tools for contouring and sculpting.

Bourjois' Delice de Poudre bronzer is a rich, warm brown so is great for when my skin is looking naturally more tan than usual. It has a super soft finish making it easy to apply with a lovely texture. It has a tiny, subtle amount of shimmer to it which gives off a natural looking glow, great for making you look like you've just got back from an exotic holiday! I love the chocolate bar design and it even has a sweet, chocolatey scent to it.

Soap and Glory's Solar Powder is a bronzer and a highlighter all in one. Again with a light shimmer, it creates a really natural glow, especially when you dust the lighter shade highlighter over your cheekbones. Having the combination of the two in the compact makes it nice and easy to take with you, great for touching up your complexion on the go.

L'oreal's Glam Bronze is one of my absolute favourites and one I find myself reaching for all year round. It has a matte finish for a natural looking tan, but is in a particularly golden shade, adding warmth to your skin, and the matte finish makes it great for contouring.

Revlon's Bronzilla was a more recent addition but the neat compact with brush included made it ideal for taking with me on holiday. This bronzer has a strong colour payoff so you only really need a small amount, but is long lasting so will stay put throughout the day.

Last but not least, The Body Shop's Honey Bronze in 02 is on the fairer side of bronzers, and even comes in a shade lighter, so is great for those with paler skin tones. It comes in a handy mirrored compact too, I tend to throw this in my handbag to take with me on the go. Again with a matte finish, this is perfect for subtle contouring and adding shape and definition to your face.


No comments:

Post a Comment