Monday, December 22, 2014

Top 5 Tuesday | High End Lipsticks




This week's "Top 5 Tuesday" is high end lipsticks. As you know, I'm a fan of lipstick, a huge fan in fact, and it's the one thing I really have a weakness for makeup-wise. Sometimes, a drugstore/High Street lipstick just doesn't satisfy your lipstick needs, and in that case, you may want to splurge on a fancy schmanzy one every once in a while. I purchased my first high end lipstick when I was 20 on a shopping trip with my friend, and since then I haven't really stopped (THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL)

Above are 5 of the lipsticks I love the most

First up on the left is the YSL Lipstick in "Prune Virgin". Got to admit, I think YSL are up there as my favourite lipstick company. They just tick all the right boxes! Pretty packaging, amazing staying power, super pigmented and I have never been disappointed with any that I have bought. The Prune Virgin is a matte finish which is so beautiful in the autumn/winter or if you are feeling a little more daring on an evening out and gives you a gorgeous vampy look. I own many vampy lipsticks as I started rocking a darker lip last autumn, but this is by far my favourite. 
The other YSL lipstick is in the middle and this is a Rouge Volupte finish, which is a lot more moisturising and shiny on the lips. The consistency is very creamy and soft and with that you can often lose pigmentation, but OHHH no, not with these bad boys. I own a few of these but this is the colour I reach for the most as it pretty much goes with any makeup look and compliments my skin tone. It's a gorgeous pinky peach shade which is also quite neutral. The packaging on this one is AMAZING. Props to you YSL.

Next up you may spot 2 Mac lipsticks. Mac aren't as expensive as YSL, but I also don't think you get the same luxurious feel. However, they are BRILLIANT. Most girls will have a Mac lipstick as one of their staples in their collection i'm sure. I own a fair amount of Mac Lipsticks (you'll soon see when I do my makeup collection video) but these two are ones I have reached for the most over the years. 
The first is "Show Orchid" which is a blue toned fuchsia and it so bright and pretty. Amazing for a night out! The other is "Russian Red" which is a matte lipstick in a dark red shade. If i'm not wearing my Rimmel Kate Moss in 107, I'll be wearing this one! Love them both.

Lastly is one from Sisley which is definitely up there in the price bracket, but again SUCH A GUILTY PLEASURE! There is something very rewarding about owning and using these lipsticks. The packaging is so beautiful, and feels weighty and precious and the shape of the lipstick is also very unique (and actually great for application). The colour is also so vibrant and goes on so smoothly you almost can't quite believe it. If you are looking to get someone something a bit more special, want to treat yourself, or need a wedding lipstick, I would totally check these out. Will almost definitely make your purse cry out but your lips will be laughing!


No comments:

Post a Comment