Thursday, January 29, 2015

GlossyBox | January "Valentines Edition"

IMG_4006.JPG_effected
IMG_4018.JPG_effected
IMG_4023.JPG_effected
IMG_4026.JPG_effected
IMG_4030.JPG_effected
IMG_4037.JPG_effected

This months GlossyBox has been eagerly anticipated as it's hot pink box was flashed about the twittersphere. I for one, was really looking forward to peeling back the paper to reveal what was inside. The Box itself is super pretty, I love that GlossyBox are changing the colour schemes with different themes, it keeps everything a lot more interesting and exciting. Who doesn't love a hot pink box?

The theme for this month is Valentines Day. Whether you are single and fancy a night of preening or meeting your fella for a night of romance, this box offers you the ultimate pampering experience. The first thing that caught my eye was the Murad primer, as a primer is something I always leave out of my face routine, so I was looking forward to trying that. I also loved the look of the moisturising balm. I wasn't mad-keen on the body washes though.

Contents & Thoughts:
  • Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer - Dewy Finish - As I just said, primers are something I always forget & so I was chuffed to have one to try out. I also love that it gives a dewy finish. A lot of primers are for mattifying the face, which is something that has always put me off as I have quite dry skin sometimes.
  • Davines Moisturising Balm - This balm is all purpose and can be used on the face, on the body and in your hair. When I first got it, I was under the pretense that it was like a moisturiser, but after reading up about it, it says it needs to be rinsed off. When using on the face, it's more like a cleanser, which when rubbed in with cotton wool, removes makeup. It's then used the same way on your body, and like a conditioner for your hair. I'm not overly keen on the scent of this, it smells faintly of hair dye.
  • Davines Cleansing Nectar - Again, although it appears that this product is more of a shower gel, it's mainly for cleansing your hair (shampoo). It contains lots of natural oils, so I'm looking forward to trying this and seeing the results. Unfortunately is does bare the same natural-with-a-hint-of-hair-dye smell that the balm does although it's definitely the sort of scent that could grow on you.
  • FAB Gentle Body Wash - A moisturising, irritant free everday cleanser ideal for sensitive skin. This body wash is aimed towards those with dry, irritated or sensitive skin. It feels really lovely on the skin and does leave you feeling squeaky clean. I'm a big fan of shower gels that moisturise aswell as clean your skin. Again, not really too sure of the scent of this one, it's a lot more fresh and not a very strong scent but still a little strange. I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm not sure if my nose is just being fussy...
  • Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner - This is the first time I have come across these eyeliners from Eyeko since they re-branded. The formulation is lovely. Creamy, easy to use and pigmented. The colour I received is a light pink, which dissapointed me at first, as I was unsure of where or when I could wear a colour like this. Then I realised that it was the perfect shade for lining the waterline to make you appear more awake, and to brighten your eyes. I even think it would be great to add a little shape and definition to the arch of your brow or lighten the inner corners of the eye. I'm unsure I like the long silver handle on the liner, as I feel it's a bit of a waste of product & therefore means the actual liner is a lot small than your average. However it does feel lovely to hold, and is good for precision.
Last months Christmas edition GlossyBox was my favourite so far, so I knew it would be a tough one to follow. I do still think last months box just pipped the top spot. Although I will use all the things in this GlossyBox, I'm not the biggest fan of body washes & shampoo's as I own SO many. I'm definitely more of a makeup and skincare enthusiast. I have noticed that the contents of some other boxes have included some Clarins skincare, which I think would have been best suited to me, but that's the joy of not knowing what you will receive. Overall, a very pretty, well thought out box!

No comments:

Post a Comment