Monday, January 12, 2015

L'oreal Studio Secrets HD Foundation & MeMeMe blush


After my recent Superdrug haulage, a lot of you wanted a review on the foundation and the blush in particular. Since I have been wearing both everyday since they were added to my evergrowing collection I decided to *attempt* to photograph my face for you & to give you a mini review of each.

L'oreal Studio Secrets HD Foundation
This is not cheap. At all, in fact probably the most expensive "drugstore" foundation I have come across (there may be one that is more expensive - I just don't know about it). It retails in select Superdrug shops for £16.39. Cheaper than a lot of high end brands but definitely a lot more expensive than any other low end brand. Firstly, if you don't like using a brush to apply your foundation, skip this. Pretty standard. The coverage, although it's not stated anywhere, is definitely not full. I'd say it was light to medium but buildable. Perfect for me, but i know not everyone is comfortable enough with anything BUT heavy coverage. The website states that the foundation captures light and delivers a flawless satin-soft result. This is true, in photos I think the foundation looks fab. I can see why they called it the "smoothing HD foundation". However, if you have oily skin, or mega problem areas, stay well away from this foundation unless you have a primer or you use lots of powder post application, as it really is a very dewy-looking finish. Which personally, suffering with dryer skin than most, is my favourite finish. I started off really hating this foundation. I hated the streaky brush marks where the brush hadn't softened enough, I wasn't overly impressed with the packaging (clicking the bottom to push the foundation out just wasnt working, i found myself clicking for flipping ages, and then my clicker broke, which then meant everytime i wanted to click it up, i had to pull it back down first). I very nearly gave up on it, and thought "what a waste of flipping MOOLAH!", but my clicker started working again, and product came out 10x easier and the bristles had softened so applying it was a lot easier. I would definitely love this produt a lot more, if there was more than just 17ml for £16.39 (almost £1 per ml - ridiculous) and possibly just with a pump application. I like the brush, but it's not essential.

MeMeMe Blush in "Coral"
I don't have as much to say about this one. Mainly because I just love it & you all need it in your life. It's extremely pigmented, blends well & looks so pretty on. It retails in Superdrug for £8.50 which could be a little steep for a lower end brand once again, but it's very obvious that this is a mimick of a Benefit blush, which retails for over £23. I own both & can honestly say the only difference that I have noticed between the two, is that Coralista by Benefit has a much pinkier undertone and is a little more finely milled, thus blends a lot easier. It also has a diddy little brush & a mirror underneath the top lid. The only gripe I have with this, is that it takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag. That I can live with ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment