Saturday, February 21, 2015

Out of Brush Cleaner?

My brushes we're in desperate need of a good clean, and low & behold, i was totally out of brush cleaner & no baby shampoo.
So, the only thing i could find, which i didn't think would be too harsh on the brushes, was this Dove hand wash.
I dampened each brush under luke-warm water, added a pea sized amount to the bristles, and lathered it up in my hand. I then rinsed & repeated if it was needed.
The first thing i noticed, was how amazingly well it took out any staining, this hand wash went beyond any other brush cleaner i've used & removed EVERYTHING.
It's been a long time since my brushes have looked new & white.



After leaving them to dry, i noticed how incredibly soft they were. I even think they were softer than when i first bought them. I spent ages brushing them over my face in amazement.
Then came the time i had to use them and dirty them up, it was very hard, but i managed okay with the reasurrance this hand wash will still be by my sink for when the day comes to re-wash. :)

I'm not sure of the price, nor where you can purchase this. I'm going to point out the obvious places like Boots & Superdrug & say it's probabaly the price of a standard hand wash, but in all seriousness, this worked like a dream.

Thank you Dove, you marvellous bird you.

No comments:

Post a Comment