Monday, February 23, 2015

Topshop Make up | Lipsticks


As most of you may be aware, Topshop released their own makeup range in 2010. Although it didn't really interest me at the time, over the past year I have grown quite the collection. There may not be a vast array to choose from, but what they do have, is of excellent value for money, and spot on in my book. I grew very bored of high street makeup, and Topshop came along just at the right time, and injected a bit of excitement back into my makeup bag, without me having to break open the piggy bank.

I'm going to do a series of blog posts on the different items that I own from the Topshop Makeup range, but first up, is my absolute favourite, the lipsticks.


Nevada, Desert, Pillow Talk, Brighton Rock, Ohh La La, Infared, Rio Rio, Beguiled

When Mac bumped up the price of their lipsticks to £13.50, I knew it was probably time to find a good substitute, as I am a huge sucker for lipsticks but couldn't possibly carry on buying them at £13.50 a pop (except on special occasions, or very rare, expensive, rainy days). There is not one thing I can fault with Topshop lipsticks, they tick every box in my opinion. Cute yet sturdy packaging made of metal, rounded with flat top and bottom, making it easy to store standing upright. They have names. Yes, slightly strange that this is even taken into consideration when reviewing a lipstick, but don't you hate lipsticks with numbers instead of names, they almost lack in personality...poor numbered lipsticks. Not to mention how difficult it would be to remember when out looting them. They have great pigmentation (nothing worse than no colour pay off) They aren't drying, and don't leave your lips chapped beyond repair, but also have great staying power. They're only £8-£9 & although this may seem pricey for a high street lipstick, there are plenty in Boots or Superdrug in the £7-£8 mark (Revlon for example) so it's all relative. I also think the quality is comparable to Mac's, so at £8, it's a great replacement.


Infared, Desert, Nevada

Brighton Rock, Rio Rio, Beguiled

Ohh La La, Pillow Talk (Part of a collection)

It's obvious to many of you which is my favourite of all the shades I own, as it is mostly all I wore through the summer, and that's Infared. I'm tempted to do a whole blog post about that in a little more detail.

If you're a lipstick sucker like me, and feel a little bored with what's available on the high street and in the pharmacies, but can't quite stretch to a Mac or Chanel lipstick but want something with a little bit of class, then check out the Topshop lipsticks. They are my new obsession & they are slowly breeding in my lipstick tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment