Tuesday, March 17, 2015

JolieBox UK | An Introduction



So I'm sure most of you are aware of the beauty box trend that has taken the beauty community by storm over the past 6 months? A some what controversial idea, loved by many but also dismissed by plenty too. I absolutely love the concept, not just for me, but as a great gift idea for someone you know who either loves to experiment with new and exciting brands, or in contrast, someone who has no clue! There are plenty of different boxes you can choose from. I have featured both GlossyBox and Carmine on my blog, but now i'm going to talk about another one, JolieBox UK*.

JolieBox was formerly known as "Boudoir Prive", but they then teamed up with the french beauty box brand JolieBox & the JolieBox UK baby was born. I like that the team have been changing and growing and making improvements from feedback from their customers along the way, as now there have been 3 variations of the box. The most recent being my favourite.




December JolieBox

I was actually sent a box back in December, but this was around the time my laptop & camera didn't really get along and I lost a huge batch of photos, and so I never managed to post about it. After rescuing the photo's, I thought I'd include it in this post as, since December, there have only been 2 boxes (I believe the break was to ensure that new ideas and designs were developed). The December box was the first box after the two brands combined, and it had a total makeover from the old baby pink design. I loved the new, sleek, black and white boxes, as I felt that Boudoir Prive & GlossyBox were almost too similar at this time.

The items included in the first JolieBox were fab. There was a full sized OPI crackle polish, a mineral eye shadow, a JolieBox concealer brush, a New CID lipgloss, Mitchell & Peach shower wash, Yonka intense hydration & some Kusmi tea. There were 7 products included (there will be 5 from here on in) in the first box, as the tea and the concealer brush were little extras, a "hello" if you will. I won't go into depth about each of these products as I don't want to make this blog post too long, but as you can see, the standard of the products is really good. A great first box!





* JolieBox UK is priced at £10 per month, plus £2.95 P&P

In February, after their one month break, JolieBox released their second box. As you can see, the way it's packed inside the box is somewhat different. All the products are stored inside a little drawstring bag! I absolutely love this idea, and it makes a nice change from the little bits of shredded paper the other boxes contain. There are also so many uses for this AS WELL AS the actual box itself. I used mine as a bit of a handbag divider. I popped my phone, my purse and my keys in it, to make finding them in my huge mary poppins handbag less of a time waster. The February box was based around combatting the winter blues, a selection of products to replenish and nourish to ensure we are all set for the Spring.

The box included:

Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Masque - Anything Macadamia is an instant winner for me. This mask is designed to rebuild damaged hair for improved shine and elasticity. I can't wait to use this, but i'm saving it for a special occasion, as one sachet will probably do my whole head, I can't get away with two uses with all this hair!

Lavera Basis Sensitive Organic Hand Cream - This hand cream contains shea butter and almond extracts. If you read my previous blog post, you will know that I am somewhat fussy with hand creams. If it takes too long to sink in, and leaves my fingertips sticky and greasy, it's a no no. This however, does neither of those things, and smells so lovely. I looked on their website, and this hand cream is only £4.45 for 75ml (the sample received in the box was 20ml - worth £1) So I think for the price, this hand cream is a total winner.

Jane Iredale "Just Kissed" Lip & Cheek Stain - How darn cute is this? It's like a teeny tiny lip balm. It's an all natural, all purpose stain that adjusts it's colour to your mood (I'm guessing it's a heat thing) Although very cute, and a great idea, I'm not sure i'd use it anywhere but the lips.

KIMIA Rejuvenating Facial System - This looked really interesting. It's a facial oil and a hydra-activator which heal and nourish the skin. They are used in conjunction with one another. You pat the oil onto your face, then follow up with the spray. I've yet to use this, but it promises to quickly penetrate deep into the skin for a glowing, youthful exuberance. Apparently Victoria Beckham describes it as perfect. You would hope so with a hefty £74 price tag.

TAAJ Himalaya Micellar Water - This is described as an antioxidant and tonic makeup remover that will revitalise and purify skin. After hearing all the hype surrounding Bio-derma cleanser, this appears to be a similar concept. No water, just cotton pads. There isn't an awful lot of information on the actual bottle (well there is but it's in a different language), so I went onto their site. It says it's great for sensitive skin and is extremely gentle. After using this, my skin feels SO fresh & clean. I've not yet put it to the test with a full face of makeup, but it's a lovely cleanser for the mornings.


So, I'm guessing you're all itching to find out what I think of JolieBox UK as a brand and would I recommend the box? I think JolieBox is a great box, so many great high end brand samples, although I'd say most of the brands, to me, are unheard of. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I think in some people's case, It's nice to see a few familiar brands. I actually like that there are brands I've never come across before, personally, that's the whole reason beauty boxes excite me. It's nice to find something new you may not have found yourself. I love the design of the box, and the little drawstring bag, I'm hoping that they stick to this and it doesn't change again next month haha. I still think we have yet to see the best of JolieBox UK, I think now that they have come together with JolieBox there will lots more exciting brands and products as the months go on.

What do you all think of JolieBox UK? Are you pleased with the new design?


No comments:

Post a Comment