Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sometimes we need to escape


Sometimes, when life catches up with you, and you find yourself doing everything at a million miles per hour and forgetting to breathe, it's good to just take some time away. Which is exactly what I did. As you may, or may not know, the Isle of Wight is one of those places where I always feel relaxed and have such happy childhood memories there. When i'm feeling stressed, the beach and the sea are the perfect de-stressing combination. I think I could sit on an empty beach all day, just thinking and doing nothing. It's important that we all take some time away from our busy schedules and life's many stresses and have some recuperation. I love the Isle of Wight because it's only around 2 and a half hours away and a short ferry ride and you feel as though you are detached from the usual familiar surroundings. There are so many quaint little towns and villages and it only takes you around 30 minutes to get from one side of the island to the other, and you just feel as though you are surrounded by beaches and the sea. It was so nice to get away! Here are some snaps from my IOW visit. Sadly the one place I really wanted to go was BlackGang Chine (an old childhood favourite) and that was shut for the winter (re-opening on the 22nd I believe), so I JUST missed out on that one, but come summertime, I'll be back and hyped up for it, haha! I hope you like my photos and that they also bring you a nice sense of calm.

Places I advise to you to visit : 
BlackGangChine (once it's open)
Godshill (The Model Village & Chocolate Island - The hot chocolates are INCREDIBLE)
Shanklin & The Chine
Ryde 
Sandown Zoo
Owl & Monkey Haven
Ventnor
Go for random drives where you don't really know where you are going, and anywhere that you see a few cars pulled over, just join them. Chances are they are watching an incredible view of the sunset or know a secret pathway to a remote beach. 

Do you have that one place where you can completely escape life to? Have you ever been to the Isle of Wight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment