Sunday, April 19, 2015

GlossyBox | Limited Edition Harrods Box








So, I do feel i've arrived to this party a little late and i'm aware that this may be old news to some of you, but I couldn't NOT post about this special edition GlossyBox* which arrived on my doorstep towards the middle of March. It really is too amazing not to give my two cents on.

So most of you will know that one of my favourite things about GlossyBox as a beauty box sampling service, is that they produce limited edition/themed boxes, unlike any other brands i've come across. It brings a little more excitement to receiving a beauty box, knowing it's a special one. This one was an extra special "Harrods Edition', which contained designer samples. I have to admit, that this was my favourite box so far, not because it was 'Harrods" per say, but because it contained the CUTEST little mini products, which excited me more than a normal person should be at the sight of miniature products. Not only this, but I was chuffed with everything I received.

Fendi "Fan de Fendi" Eau de Toilette - This was one of the miniatures that was just too adorable to even use. I just want to sit it on my dressing table looking all cute and small. Although it is a huge bonus that it smells delicious as well.

Burberry Lipstick No.4 Rosewood - Another adorable little miniature product, but still with EVERYTHING that the full size owns, even down to the embossed lipstick & packaging. I'd never tried Burberry lipstick, in fact i'd never tried any Burberry makeup, but I was super impressed with this. Being a complete lipstick fiend, I can totally see myself splurging on a full size.

Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum - Got that? Quite the mouthful wasn't it. I have recently discovered the magic that is the brand Ojon. Expensive, yes, but so amazing & totally worth every penny. This serum will also not disappoint. It was my favourite item from the box, a complete gem, and something i've been using over and over. It has totally transformed the ends of my hair, and I really do think this works wonders. Split ends be gone!

Erno Laszlo "The Hollywood Collection" 5 piece cream gift set - The first thing I noticed when I looked at this online was the extortionate price tag. £175 for 75ml. Yikes. Although I was quite excited to try out a few of the creams from this set, to see if they really were worth the price tag. The set contains a "velvet" night cream, instant eye repair (excited to use this), refresh moisture infusion, intensive porcelain veil & morning beauty rescue (worn as a makeup primer, also sounds intriguing). Expensive creams scare me, not because they are expensive, but in case I fall in love with them and have to repurchase! eeek.

Clarins Extra Firming Body Lotion - After Louise received some Clarins samples in her January GlossyBox and raved about them, I was quite excited to try this, and I was right to be. It's so lovely, and feels so luxurious on the skin. Clarins isn't really a brand i'd ever think to go to for a body lotion, or anything really. After trying this, I don't think I will walk past the Clarins counter so blindly :)

I think this is the very essence of what beauty box subscriptions should be. Exciting, different & full of cute little miniatures from brands i'd not normally try out & the fact that this was a limited edition designer box, made it that little bit more special.


No comments:

Post a Comment