Saturday, May 9, 2015

GlossyBox April 2012 | Limited Edition Natural Box






Aprils GlossyBox* was another special edition. These are definitely my favourite kind of beauty boxes, something about it being different from the norm, makes the anticipation of un-peeling the sticker that little bit more exciting. This months box was full of products guaranteed to make you feel your best whilst satisfying the green goddess within. Inside the limited edition 100% biodegradable box, are 5 eco friendly and ethical products. I know that for a lot of you, products sourced naturally with no harmful nastiness is quite an important factor when shopping for cosmetics. So for those of you who prefer your products to be a little more organic, look no further. I was really hoping that GlossyBox would do a box like this, as I think it is very appealing to a vast majority of us. I know I love it any-who. 






The products included in my GlossyBox:

Caudalie SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum - Caudalie is a fairly new brand on the beauty blog scene. We've all heard how marvellous the beauty elixir is (I have just purchased it myself also) so I was super intrigued to try out this serum. Although you only receive 10ml, I think it's a good amount to indicate if you enjoy using the product. The 30ml full size product is worth £29, which is quite steep but for a serum but if it does what it says on the tube, you get what you pay for. I've used this twice, and so far I do really like it. It's very easy to use quite a lot though, as it sinks into your skin so quickly, you almost feel as though you need more. I haven't noticed any dramatic changes to my skin, but I'm not expecting miracles after 2 uses. It does however, leave your skin feeling silky smooth, and made my makeup application that little bit easier. 

Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Lip Liner - Inika is not a brand i'd heard of previous to receiving this box. They use a blend of cold pressed plant waxes, oils and natural pigments to make up their liners. I think I would have preferred to receive an eyeliner, as opposed to a lip liner, as i'm one of those people who never uses lipliners. Saying this however, the pigmentation was very good, and the liner very easy to use, so I can't fault it for that. I do think this will end up going to my mum though :) 

Ayuuri Natural Body Wash - Now, i'll be honest, when I first saw this giant shower gel, I wasn't overly excited. I have SO many body washes to get through, and the packaging didn't entrall me (I definitely judge a product by it's packaging... shallow but true) The fragrance I received was "rose" and I am absolutely OBSESSED with it. I definitely didn't think i'd end up loving this so much that I'd use it twice in one shower session! It smells amazing, but more importantly just feels so lovely and moisturising on my skin. At only £4.95 for a whole 235g of product, i'm going to be buying some more. 

Figs & Rouge Lip Balm - This is the product that I was initially excited to try. I've heard so many great things about these little lip balms. They are 100% pure, natural and organic and can be used as a multipurpose product on your lips or skin. The one I received is "Peppermint and Tea Tree", it is so lovely to apply and tastes yummy. I already want more of these to keep on my desk, in my handbag and next to my bed.

Philip B Styling Gel - When I initially saw this, I wasn't too excited by it. After all, when you hear/see the words "styling gel", you automatically think of boyish hairstyles being slicked back Danny Zuko style, for an awful wet "do"...no? Just me then? I was actually relieved to discover that this can be applied to damp hair, and is just an aid to styling and to boost volume at the crown of the head before blow drying. I've not used this yet, but i'll be sure to let you know if it's gravity defying stuff :)


What did you all think of the April GlossyBox?

No comments:

Post a Comment