Saturday, May 16, 2015

Skincare Review | Nourish Balance



I am always on the hunt for the perfect skincare, and although I am deeply in love with my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, the beauty blogger in me is always up for trying new things, in order to find those essential, holy grail products, but also to aid you, the reader, in making vital choices. :)

Nourish is not a brand I was familiar with before I was asked if I'd like to try a few items from their range. They pride themselves on skincare ranges which avoid the use of unfriendly chemicals such as synthetic colours, TEA, DEA, parabens, phenoxyetol, sulfates, mineral oils, PEGS and silicones. Instead, their products contain organic, plant derived, scientifically tested ingredients to enhance and nourish your skin.

Like a lot of people, i'm not always aware of what ingredients do what when it comes to skincare or makeup items, but what I do know, is that these skincare products lack a lot of the things i've been told to try and avoid putting on my face (although that is definitely easier said than done).




There are 4 different skin care ranges. Protect, Relax, Radiance and Balance. The packaging is very simple but I really like it and the colours and designs are different for each range. 


I was sent the Nourish "Balance" range, as my skin type is normal/combination. The signature scent for this range, is apple, which is one of my favourite fruity smells. It smells so fresh and rejuvenating on application. I wouldn't say they are heavily perfumed (for those of you with a strong sense of smell) but it's not a subtle scent either. 

Nourish Balance Cleanser 100ml £9.95* - This was a product which I was most apprehensive to try, being so attached to my Liz Earle and the dry application and cloth removal, meant that I was changing the way I normally cleansed. This has a very watery consistency which you pump into your hand and smooth over your damp face. It doesn't foam up too much (no bubbles up the nose) & leaves your skin feeling very clean. I wasn't a massive fan of this one, I felt it left my skin feeling a little tighter than my regular cleanser, and that's not normally the outcome I like. However, after following up with the next steps, there was no tightness. For those of you who prefer to use water on your face (splashing as opposed to a wet muslin cloth) then you will love this.

Nourish Balance Toner 100ml £8.95* - This toner contains a blend of vitamins and minerals in order to retain the skins natural barrier. I actually really liked this product, it's one that I found myself reaching for a lot more than the cleanser. I really believed this made a difference to my skin, it felt a lot more refreshed and squeaky clean once i'd used this as part of my regime. I used a cotton pad to apply this to my face post cleanse.

Nourish Balance Intense Face Gel 50ml £15.95* - This was my favourite item from the range. It's an intense face gel containing organic aloe vera and hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a unique ingredient that detoxifies and adds moisture. It provides protection against water loss and also enhances the barrier function to protect skin. Sounds good right? It is. It says that it's to be applied after moisturising, although I apply this at night, before moisturising, as I don't feel right applying a gel over it as a last step. One of the main problems I have with my skin is that I have dry patches, and oily patches, so something like this is perfect for combatting both problems. 



Nourish Balance Face Moisturiser 50ml £13.95* - This face cream has a very light consistency (something I wasn't used to, as I much prefer a heavier cream). It sinks into the skin very quickly and leaves it feeling silky soft. I also noticed that it didn't leave any sort of sheen to my face (great if you are prone to oily patches). Although it's not one of my favourite face creams, I do like to apply this on days where my skin is being particularly troublesome in terms of dry/oily patches, as I feel as though it can benefit both. I also like that my make up applies very easily over this. 

I think Nourish is a great brand, and it is refreshing to see a company trying to remove the nastiness in our skincare and focusing on using organic ingredients. I think the pricing is very reasonable, and definitely worth the money considering how much product you get for the price and the ingredients used. I really wish i'd have used this skincare regime through my teenage years, as it makes everything so much easier for you. They advise you which step each product is used, and it's such a simple 4 step routine. Between the ages of 12-15 when I probably should have been taking great care of my skin, I quite honestly, didn't have a clue. If I had been presented with these 4 products it would have made life a lot easier, and I would have made a lot more effort. 

I would highly recommend this brand if you are looking for a good structured skincare routine, if you are looking into changing up your skincare or buying skincare for the first time. Slightly more expensive than your average products in your local pharmacy maybe, but it's worth the extra pennies for something which contains beneficial ingredients that won't strip your youthful skin, making it even worse (I have done this so many times - I'm looking at you Clearasil)

No comments:

Post a Comment