Monday, June 22, 2015

GlossyBox | June 2012

    GlossyBox £10 per month + P&P*

This month, GlossyBox wanted you to channel your sexy summer style. They included products which could cover your every summer need, to ensure that you are beach beautiful. I'm not overly sure I can really tell that this is where GlossyBox was going with the theme this month, as it is quite a broad spectrum of products which could fall into any category. It could just be that the sun is not out but I'm not really feeling the summery vibe! If the sun could just hop on over to the UK for a few weeks, I'd like that a lot. ;)

Included in the box:

GlossyBox Serie Exclusive Pro Beauty Brush - Although I love that this is a customised brush, this was probably the most disappointing item in the whole box. I love the sleek black design, but the quality is not so great. It feels very coarse and shed all over my face. I think it will ideal for popping in your makeup bag for on the go touch ups but as far as everyday makeup application, I don't think I'll be reaching for this too much. I also don't really feel it's worth the £15 rrp price tag. Sorry GB! 

Clean Start By Dermalogica Day/Night 3-step Kit - On a slightly more positive note, this I was highly impressed by. Clean Start is a brand I have been sent samples of before, but at the time, didn't need, as I was happy with my skincare regime, so I gave it to my brother of which he thoroughly enjoyed using and noticed dramatic results in terms of clearer skin. Although I won't be using this myself (as i'm happy with what i'm currently using) I think my brother will grab this from me and be super happy with it. It's fool proof for a guy or even if you are after a simple new skincare regime and have quite troublesome skin, I'd definitely advise you look into this! 

Yves Rocher France Mini Mascara Ultra-Volume Sexy Pulp - Phewph! What a mouthful. I was excited to see a little mascara sample in the GlossyBox, as I had previously fallen in love with the mascara provided in the December box and i'm always up for trying and finding new magic eye wands (that's mascara in beauty blogger terms). This mascara retails for £16 so I'd put that in the higher end category. When I first unscrewed the lid, and what was revealed to me was possibly the biggest mascara brush head I ever laid eyes on, a wave of disappointment crept over me. I have quite small eyes, and so anything that is wider than my eye, is always going to be one messy, panda-eyed fail. (I stupidly didn't take a photo of this, but if you search for it online i'm sure you'll find it). Regardless of the size, the mascara is BRILLIANT. My lashes look separated (no 3-lashes-in-a-clumpy-mess business), volumised and longer. It is definitely going to take me a while to master the massive brush and attempt to get no black splodges on my eyelids, but once I do, I think I could really love this mascara. 

BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer - If you have been reading my blog for a while, or if you are a (creepily) massive Zoella fan (haha), then you will know that my love for my Bare Minerals Faux Tan Loose Bronzer runs very deep. You may think that using a loose powder for bronzer spells disaster, but it doesn't, it's actually very easy and leaves a very nice effect on the skin. I've yet to use this bronzer, but if it's anything like Faux Tan by BE then I'm sure to love it. It's also the perfect size for travelling. 

Vichy Dermablend Ultra Corrective Foundation Cream Stick - I am definitely no fan of foundation cream sticks, personally, I think they spell "SUPERDOOPER Coverage with a slight cakey feeling" (yanno, those kind?). However, for concealing little areas of my face, I'm all up for something with more coverage. I once ventured into Boots to buy the Vichy liquid foundation, and they had NO samples for testing out which shade you may be, so really, it was just trial and error. I trial-ed, and I error-ed. Having the wrong shade meant I couldn't wear it, and also, couldn't return it (bless the UK and their non-returns on beauty items policy...). I love this idea of little samples so that people can decide which colour they may be before contemplating spending £19 on the product. This foundation stick offers SPF 30, High coverage, water/sweat resistant, fragrance free and hypoallergenic. I think it would work amazingly on people with irregular pigmentation, dark circles, spot scarring or redness. 

Overall thoughts on this months box? I liked the box, I wouldn't say it's my favourite. I think a lot of the products are just not as suited to me as previous boxes may have been, but that's not to say it's not your perfect box. There are a few gems in here, which I was happy about, and also a few disappointing products too, but that is all part of the element of surprise!

What did you think of this months GlossyBox?

No comments:

Post a Comment