Thursday, November 5, 2015

She Made Me Do It...

I have been walking past the YSL counter for almost half a year, contemplating whether or not to spend £20 on a lipstick.
Can you justify that sort of money on a lipstick?
I never could, and i'd never been with anyone at the time who was remotely interested in lipstick, and possibly thought i was a freak for even considering spending that amount of moolah on a bit of lip colour.
However, about 3 months ago, i was strolling past the YSL counter with my friend, and she actually pointed out the "Rouge Volupte's", saying everything that always crossed my mind when i walked past them myself.

"Oh my gosh, the packaging..the colours..they look fab"

So do you know what i did?
Yeh.
I bought one.
and so did she.

The colour is No. 2 - Sensual Silk

So, what do i think of them 3 months on?

Texture: Amazing. This is what every lipstick should feel like when applying it to your lips. It feels moisturising when applying, isnt cakey, and has a slight shine.
Taste: Watermelon, seriously, you can't go wrong. My favourite lip scent/flavour above all other lipsticks tried.
Drying?: I'd love to be able to say that this didnt dry my lips at all, but unfortunatley, after about an hour of wearing this, i do get very dry lips. Something i really thought i wouldn't get, as when first applied, it is amazingly soft and moisturising...does anyone else have this problem? I know of a few who have agreed with me.
Durability: As this is quite a moisturising consistency, it obviously doesnt stay as well as a matte lipstick would, and i do find myself reapplying this a fair few times through the day.
Pigmentation: These are pigmented, but as i said above, dont last all that long.
Packaging: Just look at it, it's stunning. I do feel special pulling this from my handbag i must say haha. & the cute little mirror on the top of the lid is a bonus for on the go.
Price: Hm, at £20 a pop, these really are high end lipsticks. In my opinion, i don't think they need to be so expensive, but as they are "designer", i guess thats the price you'd expect to be paying.

Overall thoughts
This was a bit of a luxury, "fuck it" purchase. I'm really happy i have this in my collection, and i do think everyone should own at least one of these. They are gorgeous, but the price is a little bit of a kick in the teeth for me. Unless i had alot of money, in which case picking up more of these would be a regular thing.
Despite it being a tad drying, and having to re-apply more than i'd have liked, i am pleased i have this lipstick & if i came into alot of money (crosses fingers) then i would buy more.


No comments:

Post a Comment