Sunday, August 9, 2015

Caudalie Beauty Elixir | Review


The Caudalie Beauty Elixir is something I picked up a few months ago after watching a video where Lisa Eldridge mentioned this particular product, along with the copious amounts of other fellow beauty enthusiasts. It intrigued me as the thought of spritzing a water filled with lot's of beneficial ingredients to refresh your face or your makeup a very interesting concept. I know there are plenty of hydrating water sprays, but I've never been a fan of those, and have never really noticed much of a difference in my skin when using them unless I had particularly dehydrated skin, so I had quite high expectation of this spray. 

The spray contains grape, orange blossom, rose, organic balm mint and rosemary, which all claim to help smooth features, tighten pores and give your complexion a burst of radiance. This can be sprayed onto the face after cleansing as a sort of "toner", a face of makeup to set, or just during the day for a skin pick me up. I found it quite pleasant to spray on. There were no droplets on my face and no awkward hand fanning to dry. I also felt that the mist was the right density, and covered a good area (as weird as that sounds, I hate sprays that are too dense and leave you looking and feeling very wet). It did feel very refreshing to spray, and I can see how people can become a little addicted to spraying this on their face all day, especially if it is at arms reach or sat on your desk at work. The scent of the Beauty Elixir is very strong. I almost didn't expect it to be as strong as it was. It smells very natural and organic, but also has a huge note of mint and what I can only describe as "uriney-smell" (how professional of me). I know that not everyone will agree with me here, and in fact I'm almost certain most people really liked the scent, but for me it was a little too overpowering. The main question though, is did it do anything to my skin? The answer to that is, no, not really. I didn't notice any benefits from this product at all. I've used almost the whole bottle up now (photo above taken a while ago). In fact I used it constantly a few weeks ago as I was having a hormonal break out, and I'm convinced it made everything worse, as when I stopped using it, everything calmed down a lot quicker. The only thing that I do believe it does very well, is make your skin appear a lot more radiant after applying makeup, or if you are choosing to have a no-makeup and healthy skin day. It does border slightly on "greasy looking" sometimes however, so if you have oily skin, i'm not sure you'd want to use it for that purpose. 

As something that has been hyped up in the beauty blogging world, I felt that I too, would fall in love with the contents of this quaint little glass bottle and that it would do absolute wonders for my skin. I was a little disappointed that it didn't work in the same way it had for others, but that's the risk you take when buying something that has been so hyped up. Products are never going to do the same to one person that it does to another. 

Have you ever tried the Caudalie Beauty Elixir? What experience have you had with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment