Friday, January 2, 2015

Quick Fix for Dry Skin/Overnight Treatment

Since the weather has got a lot colder over the last few weeks, my skin has started to suffer more.
It seems that exfoliating & rich moisturiser, as well as hydrating face masks & Skin Balm, are not quite quenching my thirsty skin.
So, whilst fretting in front of the mirror, my mum suggested i use her "Quick Fix method"...I know that some you may already do this, or it's not a new discovery, but i just thought i would share it with you as it helped me a lot.

Photobucket

You will need:

Bio Oil (Or a cheaper alternative which is actually exactly the same - I also use Rescue Oil, which is £1 from Poundland) I would also like to stress that Bio Oil is SO much cheaper on amazon than the high street retailers. Go see if you don't believe me.
Water

Yup, that's all you need.

What to do:
♥ Dampen your face or the area that you wish to hydrate with water (I would personally just recommend you do your whole face, there is no harm in doing this).
♥ Using clean hands, smooth the bio oil all over your damp face. I would suggest you do this when you know you don't have to be anywhere in the next few hours, as you're going to look a little sweaty/oily...naturally. So possibly at night, or if you know you're not going anywhere during the day. Although saying that...i have just done this..and it's all sunk in after about 30 minutes...my skin is clearly parched!
♥ That's all you need to do. The water helps it to sink in much faster than it normally would, and it's a lot more hydrating. It's also amazing if you have a lot of blemishes on your skin as the bio oil diminishes them in time. I would also suggest you do this over night as a skin treatment if you'd rather not do it in the day.

Hope this has helped some of you! If you have any questions, do not hesistate to ask. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment