Sunday, January 18, 2015

The best things in life are free.




For a while now, I've been depotting my mac eye shadows & popping them into palettes, as it saves space & makes things a lot easier when looking for certain colours. Obviously not everyone thinks this way, and for those of you who prefer to have the indivdual pots, this blog post may sway you slightly. I'd been saving all my eye shadow pots in a little bag & I had then shoved them in a draw & completely forgot about them. It was always something on my "to do list". For those of you who aren't aware of the Back to Mac scheme, it's basically just a good way of recycling empty packaging & Mac give you something back in return for 6 empties. Usually a lipstick. I took along my 18 eye shadow empties & picked out 3 new colours. It would have cost me £40.50 but got 100% discount. Very satisfying indeed. These 3 are the colours that I had been oggling for a while, and obviously with the lipstick now retailing at £13.50 (stop mac, seriously, stop with the price increases) now is a good time to take back your empties. I picked up Chatterbox, Creme Cup & Shy Girl.


Lush also do a recycling scheme, where if you take back 5 empty black pots, you get a free fresh face mask. I don't find it very hard emptying any lush black pots, especially if you regularly buy the fresh face masks anyway, they only have a shelf (or fridge) life of 2-3 weeks, so after this time it should all be used up. I am definitely guilty of throwing a few away in the past...and now i regret it. I picked up "Catastrophe Cosmetic". It's my absolute favourite face mask. I love everything about it, the smell, the colour, the texture, the way it makes my skin look. I'll be buying these over and over and over, and then hopefully being rewarded for recyling buy recieving a free one every now and then :)

Overall, quite a satisfying little shop, since I ended up spending no money on things I actually want and love. So, ladies and gentlemen, the moral of this blog post is SAVE YOUR EMPTIES & SAVE THE PLANET. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment