Sunday, April 12, 2015

My 22nd Birthday Shenanigans












* Chilling on the beach * A shot of me on the beach * The Harbour x 2 * Pretty pastel houses * Bunting street shot * Prettiest bouquet of flowers i've ever had from my mummy * Cerne Abbas naughty man * Me & the naughty man * Looking intently at the sign (I was hoping to discover why they thought they'd put a penis on the naughty man, no such luck i'm affraid) * My chocolate sweety cake*

It literally only feels like yesterday that I turned 21, and here I am, one year later, still blogging & enjoying life. Although I am slightly bitter, as I was hoping to stay 21 forever.

This year, I wanted to be beside the seaside, and thankfully, the weather was on my side this year & my birthday fell right in the week of sun & summer weather. To be honest, that made my day perfect regardless of what I did. The sun is an instant mood booster for me. The original plan was to head over to Brighton for the night, but after we'd spent the morning chilling & opening cards etc, we realised that by the time we'd done the 3+ hours car journey, we wouldn't get much of the day to fit everything in, and I want to go to Brighton when we have a few days to make sure we don't miss anything. So, instead, we headed off in the opposite direction for only 2 hours, to Weymouth. Weymouth is a little seaside town, and has a really pretty scenic drive (It's all about the road trip too - cheesy music and Haribo). I basically just wanted sand, sea, sun...and an arcade (who doesn't love the penny slots) . We had a lovely evening just chilling on the beach, wasting money in the arcade & buying rubbish food to take back to our little hotel room (which looked out onto the beach). The next day, whilst heading home after another day of ice creams on the beach and arcade fun, we drove a pretty little countryside route through old villages with pretty houses. We then found ourselves in Cerne Abbas, the home of the rudey man on the hill. So we pulled over and did a little photo shoot (I would love to be able to show you the extent of our silly photoshoot, but it is just too daft...haha). It was the perfect little birthday getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment