Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Reflective Monday



It's not very often that I sit down and do a "spur of the moment" blog post but I was in a reflective mood and started to think about how different things were for me this time last year. Obviously I share a huge amount of my life with you guys, and see you all as my internet buddies, but there is a massive chunk of it that only my close friends and family know about that has never been introduced online, but let's just say that this time last year I was a very different person. I wasn't as happy and I was inside a "zoe shell" as Louise called it.

I'm not writing this blog post to tell you the back story or to explain how everything got better, but what I do want to do, is reassure any of you that may be going through a hard time, that things DO get better. It may not feel like it, but with a few little changes, they will. Nobody leads the perfect life, and things that you aren't prepared for may get thrown at you, and sometimes it's really very hard to battle those problems and sticky life situations. I just want you to know that you can do it. It might take days, weeks, months or years. Everything happens for a reason and everything we go through moulds us as people and make us who we are. 


This Ellie Goulding song, is one of my favourite songs that summed up the majority of my 2012. You know those songs that just get you EVERY TIME and it's like the lyrics were MADE for your situation? I had to admit, every time I listened to it up until a few months a go, I'd cry. I don't know whether they were sad tears, or happy tears, I think possibly tears of relief? I played it over and over and I felt like it really helped. Music makes everything better.

What's your favourite song with meaning? good or bad?


No comments:

Post a Comment