Sunday, October 18, 2015

Autumnal Hair & Makeup


As I was in Northampton visiting Louise, we both treated ourselves to a blow dry at a hairdressers, as having long hair can take up far too much time to wash, dry and style, when we could be having quality chummy time instead (plus, there's nothing better than pamper sessions with your best mate). 

I would normally just get my hair curled or styled down as I am very boring with my hair, but for a change, I asked for something a bit more "out there". I have eyed a few episodes of The X Factor USA and spotted Demi Lovato's love for plaits/braids and wanted to see if I could pull it off with my little pea head. I actually think this style is so cute, and great for a nice day/night out. You could say it's a little bridal but I think the messy bun deters from that a bit. I wish I could replicate this at home, but alas, I can only do standard and fishtail braids. French plaits have never been my "thing". I've tried on so many occasions to try and do them, but I fail miserably every time. I'm now considering studying "HOW TO" braid tutorials on YouTube. 

For Makeup, now it's Autumn and the nights are drawing in quicker and the leaves are turning brown and crispy, I thought it apt to change up my makeup up a bit (maybe I was feeling a bit daring this day). I treated myself to a new lipstick from the YSL counter, I picked up this dark berry colour in "Rouge Pur Couture 205". For my eyes I used a "By Terry Ombre BlackStar Colour-Fix Cream Eye Shadow in Brown Perfection*" which is a lovely Taupe, Shimmer Brown.  I then blended it out on it's own with my Mac 217 brush & Voila. My new love and eye staple was born. Now I just need the rest of the colours...(Mischievous giggle).

Are you changing up your makeup bag this autumn?


No comments:

Post a Comment