Wednesday, September 9, 2015

James Brown Scandalous Haircare

As far as shampoo and conditioner goes, I honestly don't like to spend too much money, something that cleans and conditions my hair is all i need. Of course i like to indulge in the more expensive ranges such as TIGI every once in a while but since i don't have coloured hair or mega dry frizzy hair i've never really felt the need to splash out too often. Because of this, i like to try as many lower end brands as possible and places like Boots and Superdrug are always having different promotions on their haircare.

I came across James Brown's Scandalous range around 7 months ago when he was giving some away with a magazine. I picked up the treatment and instantly fell in love with it. I have around three lower end (i say lower end, but i'd say its more middle of the road) shampoos and conditioners i would HIGHLY reccommend and this is definitely one of them.

The Shampoo & Conditioner smell amazing for a start. If any of you are familiar with the Thierry Mugler Angel perfume, it is very similar to that but obviously not as strong. It leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean and removes any build up which may cause greasiness or weigh the hair down. I think this is why it gives it so much volume. For those of you with thin hair, this could be an absolute godsend. I have very heavy, long, thick hair, and for any shampoo to actually LIFT the roots and give it a nice light swishy feeling (get where im coming from?) is almost a miracle. Shampoo also lathers fantastically, so for those who get no satisfaction from no lather or suds, fear not. The Conditioner is also fab, leaves my hair silky soft yet no weighing down and gives my hair a healthy shine.

Above is a picture of my newly washed and blowdryed hair (do excuse no makeup and me standing ever so glamourously in my bra, ehem) I also used some of the James Brown Scandalous Mousse before blowdrying...

Which then brings me nicely onto the mousse. By far the best i've used. If you are wanting to achieve a naturally voluminous barnet, it's just standard that you use a mousse before blowdrying. If you don't, this could well be where you are going wrong. I will always use mousse after washing my hair, it boosts the hair at the root but also just makes styling so much easier. I use a nice full palm of mousse but obviously it varies depending on how much hair you have. If you steer clear of mousse because you feel it leaves your hair sticky, you're applying too much. Mousse should never leave an icky feeling in your hair. It should feel weightless.

The next thing is the treatment, this is amazing if you are feeling like your hair needs a boost of shine and body, and basically a little treat. Just as simple as other treatments, work into the hair concentrating on the ends, and leave on for around 5-10 minutes then rinse. Smells amazing and makes my hair feel SO soft. Love it.

Last but not least, the hairspray. Besides it's amazing scent (as with all the products) this hairspray is designed to make you feel as though you don't actually have any hairspray on your head. I wouldn't say it's good for a rock hard freeze hold but i love it because when i've just freshly washed my hair, sometimes i hate the fact i spray on the hairspray and it instantly looks frizzy and a little "hard". Obviously if you have a certain style in mind, you'd be in need of something like that, but when you just want a natural flexible style to be held in place without it appearing as though you have a head of hairspray this is perfect! Especially for styling your fringe.

Basically i absolutely love James Browns Scandalous Volume range and i will be buying it until the day it dissapears from the shelves. There's currently/was very recently an offer in Superdrug 2 for £6 (I think, don't quote me) so if it's still running i highly reccommend you go and stock up on everything in this range and give it a go. You won't be dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment