Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year...New Makeup?


When shopping the other day, I noticed that all makeup in Superdrug was 3 for 2. This doesn't happen too often, not across ALL the beauty brands. Since I haven't splashed out on makeup in a long while as Christmas left me penny less after buying for everyone else, I decided to take Superdrug up on their offer. To be totally fair, I had my eye on at least 4 of these items for a long time & went straight for them.

L'oreal Studio Secrets HD Smoothing Foundation - I have wanted to try this for ages. The brush on the end intrigued me & the fact it was "HD" meant it was something a little different from anything i've previously tried.
Gosh Touch Up Concealer - Yes, i still swear by this concealer...on blemishes and under my eyes. I was running low so being practical I bought a back up. Read a review of the concealer here.
MeMeMe Coral Blush - Again, I have wanted this for a while, since summer in fact. Benefit's Coralista kept me going but saw this on a few blogs & instantly knew i had to have it. I think coral blushers suit me the most, whether the sun is shining or the snow is falling.
MeMeMe Highlighter in "Moonbeam" (The pinkier one) - I was going to splash out on Benefits expensive version of this, which I do have a sample of that came in one of the kits & it has run out. Alas, I decided that with it's slightly re invented packaging (a black lid), and it's almost identical properties I would try this one. So far I have noticed it's not as opaque but still does a marvellous job.
MeMeMe Highlighter in "Sunbeam" (The golder one) - I actually think i prefer this one so far. It will be gorgeous in the summer mixed with foundation or just worn on cheekbones. I have a bit of a thing with liquid highlighters.
Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara - I've been using Max Factor False Lash Effect & I love it, but I am running dry & so wanted to try out a new mascara. My Mum has this & loves it, as well as other bloggers across the interwebz who have sung it's praises, so I thought i'd give it a go myself.

Have you taken advantage of the Superdrug 3 for 2? If not, i would suggest you get yourself to a good store and pick out a few things you've wanted to try out. I can review items individually if you'd like after i've given them a fair shot? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment