Saturday, June 6, 2015

When I set out to buy one thing...

...I always end up buying something else. Isn't that always the way though?

I actually went into town to purchase the new sims game (I know, i know..i'm 19 years old, why do i want that?) haha well if you must know i love it & i have always been a fan ever since the first sims came on the scene 10 years ago. The good old days of "Hot date" and "Vacation"..Me and my friend would spend hours creating characters that looked like us and then running and ruining theirs lives as we pleased. Who doesn't like playing god?

BTW..for those of you who share this obsession, i highly reccommend Sims3. I'm not here to do a full blown review don't panick, but it's so much fun & hours simply fly by. It can get a bit addictive so i would suggest you set aside some sims time. :D

Anyway, I bought the Sims3 game and then thought "right, well..i'll be off then" but i still had time to spare as my boyfriends brother had driven me in and he was off doing his own thing. So obviously i strolled into a few shops. Here are my purchases..

I managed to find a glamour mag. I looked in most shops and they didn't have any. But M&S had a lovely supply. This month Glamour gave us all a treat and threw in a Benefit BADgal mascara. (Many people's HG mascara) If any of you hadn't already noticed this i suggest you run out a grab one while they're still around.


I then bought "Well Dressed" blush from Mac as i'd heard alot of good feedback from other makeup junkies. I had swatched this a few times beforehand and thought it was gorgeous. It's a very pretty baby pink, and brightens my complexion nicely :)

In Mac, i also purchased "Hue" lipstick. This is a gorgeous nude and i'm so surprised i didn't already own this because i am loving it, and it should be a staple in any Nude-Fan's collection.
I also purchased the Barry M lip paint in 53, a gorgeous coral. The colour does seem quite scary but it actually comes out a very pretty sheer colour.


In Superdrug GOSH is currently 3 for 2 and i took up on this offer as my mum has asked me to pick up a concealer for her, so i bought the eyeshadow base (Pictured in first pic). Which is gorgeous white with blue iridescence. I have yet to test it for its staying/non creasing power. I also picked up this "Light N Shine lip glaze" in NO5. I picked this up because i was going to buy the Mac Dassleglass in Fantabulous as it was a gorgeous purple with blue specks, but this..being ALOT cheaper and having a similar appeal grabbed my attention. I LOVE IT. It's my new favourite lipgloss. It's not overly cheap at around £8-9 but it's alot cheaper than the dazzleglasses, plus this comes with a cute mirror on the side and lights for applying gloss in dark places.. :)


Some rather rubbish swatches.. (Sorry girlies...The snazzy camera is not so good at focusing on closeups in artificial light..think this shot took about 20 attempts)[Top to Bottom: GOSH Light N Shine in NO.5 (does not do it justice AT ALL), Mac Hue, Barry M Lip paint in NO.53, GOSH Eye base - no name, just black tube)

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend..I'm off to play the Sims now..ha

No comments:

Post a Comment