Sunday, November 8, 2015

General Update & Chit Chat

IMG_2373.JPG_effected
IMG_2923.JPG_effected
IMG_2927.jpg_effected

Howdy Doody you lovely lot. It's been a while, and for that, I do apologise. You know when life get's manic, and you feel like you only have time to eat and sleep & your creative juices have run dry and you have a serious lack of motivation? Yeh, that's exactly what happened. You know it's time to sit down and write a blog post when your mum says "Zoe, you've not blogged in ages..."
I know that some people can still bosh out blogposts even when they are lacking in blogging enthusiasm, but I just can't do that. I like to sit down, and enjoy what I write about, and feel a sense of satisfaction once I hit that "publish" button, and although that sometimes means I don't post in a while, I hope that sort of makes up for it. *batters eye lashes*

So where have I been & what have I been up to?

Well, first and foremost, the summer has well and truly scarpered. We had a lovely late summery burst a few weeks ago (see photos), but now the cold and drizzle has arrived. *depressed sigh*. I do love autumn though, I love the crispy golden leaves and the build up to Christmas (yes, I love Christmas, A LOT), but I hate grey, drizzly days. Even if it's chilly, everything is so much better when the sun is out.

Now, I would like to say ANOTHER massive thank you to those of you who voted for Zoella in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards, and I'm absolutely over the moon that I won "Best Established Beauty Blog". Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the awards ceremony but it looked like everyone had a fantastic evening & I'd also like to congratulate everyone else that was nominated and who won awards themselves. All very well deserved :) Makes me proud to be part of such a supportive community.

I have also been working on mine and Louise's (Sprinkle of Glitter) new venture. Which I'm hoping will be out in the open in the next few weeks and certainly in time for Christmas. All I'm saying is keep some money aside whilst buying everyone else's Christmas presents because I'm fairly sure you will want in on it. ;)

I have thoroughly been enjoying searching eBay for cake decorations and nail art decorations, not for any particular reason other than both are super cheap and pretty. I have also been scouring eBay & the local charity shops for winter knits. I did this last year, and I'm fairly positive I didn't spend anything over £6 for any of my winter cardigans or jumpers. You can honestly save so much money doing it this way, and nobody else will be wearing the same thing as you. I'm thinking of doing a post about charity shopping, a bit like my "Shopping in Primark" post, so let me know if this is something you'd be interested in reading. I know that charity shops aren't everyone's idea of fun, but once you find something you love for really cheap, it almost becomes addictive.

I have a lot of things I want to blog about in the up and coming weeks, so expect to see a lot more of me in your dashboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment