Thursday, November 12, 2015

Response To Your Response


When I filmed my video on "Dealing with Panic Attacks & Anxiety", I didn't think for one minute that I would have had such an overwhelming response from so many of you. It took quite a lot of courage for me to sit down and speak out loud about my experiences and difficult aspects of my life on camera. I know that all it involved was me sitting in my bedroom and talking to a piece of photographic equipment but I knew that there would be an awful lot of you watching, so at the time, the pressure was on a heap more than if I were to be showing you the products I'd enjoyed using that month. The video also made it onto YouTube's homepage, which made the experience all the more nail-biting. Not only were my loyal viewers and subscribers hearing about my struggles with panic attacks, but now anyone that landed on the youtube homepage was also watching. Although scary, it meant that it was helping a lot more people, and this made it all the more worthwhile. I wasn't really too sure what the feedback from the video would be, I only wanted it to be seen, and for it to have helped at least one person. After attempting to try and read through all (5,300 currently) comments, hundreds of tweets and a brimming email inbox, it became apparent that I had in fact helped an awful lot of people. I can't even express how happy this makes me. I wish I could sit and reply to each and every one of you, but I think it would take me a lifetime, so instead I just want to say thank you for all your kind words of support and love. I have shed many a tear hearing about how some of you have changed your lives around because of my gentle push. From 12 year old girls to 40 something men, the spectrum is so wide and so many of you have been affected by my rambly video. Whether it has helped you to realise what you are experiencing is panic and anxiety, helped you to help someone close to you, given you the reassurance you aren't alone or given you a virtual cuddle, I am so pleased that it has affected you positively in some way. If you are reading this and you are one of those people, please remember to stay strong, stay happy and keep positive. I wish you all the luck in the world with whatever it is you are battling, you can do it, and you aren't alone.

*group hug*

No comments:

Post a Comment