Thursday, December 4, 2014

Lush Splurge

It's no secret that I'm a HUGE Lush fan, so couldn't resist picking up a few new bits and old favourites last time I was out shopping and I wanted to share those with you and give a few tips and pointers

Face
Tea Tree Water Toner
Tea Tree is a great blemish fighter and is naturally anti-bacterial so works well at dealing with breakouts as well as working as a toner. The spray pump is such a handy way to apply it too! I've used this before and it really helped calm down my skin, and as I'm having a few hormonal breakouts at the moment I decided to try this old favourite and see if it still worked.

Grease Lightning Spot Treatment
This is again in a useful nozzle so you can apply it directly onto blemishes. It's so tiny so you can keep it with you in your make up bag in case of emergencies! I have also used this before when my skin has had little tantrums and it's previously helped, which is why when I saw it on the shelf, I popped it into my basket.

Bath
Dreamtime Bath Melt
This is supposed to help you relax which sounds great for a bath after a busy or stressful day. With lavender and chamomile it smells lovely, and also softens your skin with cocoa butter. Perfect for before bedtime. I particularly love this one in the winter or when my skin needs a little rehydration.

Pop in the Bath Bubble Bar
These bars make such amazing bubbles! You crumble a bit off to run under the tap so you can actually use them more than once. This one has the scent of "The Olive Branch" which is one of my favourite Lush scents and smells amazing.

I also picked up a few of my favourite bath bombs..
Granny Takes a Dip Bath Bomb (relatively new)
Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb 
Fizzbanger Bath Bomb
Sex Bomb Bath Bomb (Ultimate fave for night time)

Strawberry Feels Forever Massage Bar
This was one of my favourite massage bars back in the day. It was released as part of a valentines launch and stuck around for quite a while. I'm pretty sure it disappeared off the shelves for a while and when I saw this in the store I knew I had to grab one. Massage bars start to melt when they warm up so this is a great way to moisturise your skin after the bath. It smells like strawberries and cream too.

Ceridwen's Cauldron Bath Melt
This bath melt is great for soothing and moisturising skin, the muslin pouch means that it dissolves in the water and the larger bits are kept from floating about in the bath, but also can be picked up to apply directly onto your skin. This one is a little more pricey, but it honestly does amazing things to your skin. I love using this as a pick me up.

Body
Handy Gurugu Hand Cream
This buttery hand cream is made with a blend of nut butters making it so creamy and softening, it features orange extract too so has a fresh, natural scent to it. This is perfect for sorting out really dry hands and is great for your nails too. This was one of my go-to products years ago, and I would get through so many tubs of this. When I was in the shop I picked it up, gave it a sniff and it immediately brought back so many memories. It really is an awesome hand cream. The only downside (and the reason I probably stopped using it) is that the tub is a little bulky for your handbag, but great to keep near your sink or on your bedside table.

What are your favourite Lush staples? Things you always go back to or treat yourself to? 





No comments:

Post a Comment