Saturday, August 8, 2015

American Apparel Neon Nails



I wouldn't say i'm much of a nail enthusiast, I don't really get excited by nail polish or painting my nails. I always see it as a chore, and much prefer someone else to do them for me. I'm very good at perfecting the 5-year-old-girl-paints-her-nails look. I'm not one for fancy nail art, or anything spectacular either. I find it fiddly, and have no patience for something so delicate and time consuming. Having said this, I have been a huge fan of "stand-out nail colours" recently. Something that contrasts with the rest of my outfit and is effortless. Neon colours have been a go-to for me this summer. I love the neon trend, but don't feel comfortable enough to rock out some neon trousers or bright neon dresses, so i've injected a teeny bit of neon to my hands instead. I love the AA nail polishes as the quality is really good. They are definitely on the pricey side, but they have such an amazing collection of colours, the packaging is unique and they stay put for a good amount of time with no chipping. I also bought a glitter polish as I just couldn't pass it up. Look at the amount of pretty! The glitter instantly makes the nails a whole lot more interesting without spending ages fiddling about with nail art or glue. The middle nail was 2 coats of glitter, I feel like it spreads out well on the nail too (something I thought it wouldn't do). 

Have you used any of the American Apparel nail polishes? Would you happily spend £9 on a nail polish if you felt it was pretty enough? or am I a bit crazy? 

The colours above are Neon Green, Neon Yellow and the glitter is called Galaxy Glitter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment